Music We Love: Visual Artist & Music Lover, James, Shares 5 Classic Favorites
Meet James, a visual artist and full-time music lover who plays guitar and works hard to craft a gorgeous journey through art in his spare time. Here, he offers 5 of his favorite songs:
1. "Here Comes Revenge" by Metallica: It is often said that revenge is best served cold. This song encapsulates this feeling quite well -- here, [lead singer] James [Hetfield] had to be focused on the thought of getting ready for the wrongs that would've been done to him by others. The music video that accompanies it is quite haunting and has powered me through many great workouts.
2. "Just For Today" by George Harrison: A melancholy and sad song about the power of heartbreak, this piece helps me cope through tough relationships.
3. "When The Deal Goes Down" by Bob Dylan: Although off one of his more recent albums, 2006's Modern Times, the song still proves that Bob has that creative spark in him. A slow-moving song about the human condition, he once again captures my imagination with his poetic lyrics.
4. "Look For The Silver Lining" by Chet Baker: This classic song is about always being positive and trying to find the good in everything, so it helps me whenever I feel down.
5. "I've Gotta Be Me" by Sammy Davis Jr.: This song is about the rugged individualism and the personal identity everyone wishes to find in their youth. I relate heavily to this song as I feel I am trying to find out who I am and what I'm interested in.